Peruvian "green sauce" is sort of like Chimichurri mayo. It is great to dip the chicken in but it is also amazing with the following:
Any time of grilled, fried or roasted bird or meat, even wings and burgers and veggie burgers (you can use vegan mayo).
It's amazing with grilled shrimp or fish.
I love it as a dip for raw or grilled veggoes.
It is perfect on turkey, roast beef or cheese sandwiches.
Use it as a dip for potato chips.
It even makes tofu tasty.
For the green sauce:
· 1 cup (packed) cilantro leaves with tender stems
· ½ cup parsley coarsely chopped
· 1–2 medium jalapeños, coarsely chopped
· 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
· 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
· 2 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
· 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
· 1/3 cup mayonnaise (or vegan mayo)
· Make the green sauce:
Puree all ingredients except mayonnaise in a food processor. Fold in the mayo until smooth. Store in a sealable container refrigerated for up to a month. In time it may lose some of its bright green color, but thats ok, It'll still taste great.
Follow me at
Eat my food at New World Bistro Bar
and find out about my cooking classes and pop up events at Ricorlando.com