I just blasted an email to update y'all!
I am bringing back the Wine and Food Pairing Dinners
at New World Home Cooking for 2006-2007!
They are now called
“The Chef’s Having Fun” Dinners
I cook and pair the wines
and you relax and enjoy
—easy!
I am making it my business to have time to focus on the events that make me happy!

Woo-hoo!

We have constructed a schedule for this winter which includes…

Savoring Apulia November 17th
Our 10th annual Champagne Dinner December 14th
Our First Hot Luck “Hell” night on January 12th
( where the course get hotter and hotter as the dinner goes on!)
A Cajun Wine Dinner and Lecture February 9th
(complete with a recipe book held the week BEFORE Mardi Gras weekend!)

And more to come…

Here is what is next!

Savoring Apulia
Poetic Food and Wine from the “Heel of the Boot” of Italy

Friday, November 17th
6:30 PM
A tasting menu complete with wines
$69 per person plus tax and tip

I made my first visit to Apulia in 2006, visiting my wife Liz’s family in historic Gravina.
We also stayed for a few days in a Trullo overlooking the Adriatic. That’s it above—Trullo Montezuzzo.
We cruised the hilly highways in our Opal convertible searching for wonderful food.
Though I can’t deliver all of the people and personalities
we encountered, I can bring you my interpretations of their food.
Like a perfect poem, Apulian cuisine is simple in preparation but complex in effect on the soul.
Its impact on me will last a lifetime.
We are importing as many ingredients as we can to truly
recollect the flavors as I experienced them.

Menu and Wines

Three courses of Antipasti
The Best Apulian Olive Oil, Semolina Bread, Cerignola Olives, Marinated Anchovies,
Grilled Eggplant, Lambascione, and the great Apulian cheese Burrata

Salume of Apulia - Bresaola, Spada, Mortadella, Salami et al

Insalata di Frutta di Mare
With squid, octopus, mussels and langoustine

>Wines
Botromagno Gravina Bianco (Greco-Malavasia)
D’Alfonso dal Sordo Casteldrione ( Montepuciano, Sangiovese and Uva de Troia)


Three Traditional Tastings
Orecchiette with Broccoli Rapini
Favas and Chickory
Stuffed Cuttlefish
> Wines
Bombino Bianco “Catapanus”
Amano Primitivo


Three Modern Tastings
Apulian Lamb with Olives
Rabbit Agrodolce
Fennel Gratinata
> Wine
Tormoresca Boca di Lupo (Cabernet and Aglianico)

Cheese Course
Fresh Figs, Caciocavallo and Vin Cotto
>Wine – Noci (Walnut Liqueur)

Dolce
Sighs – Olive oil pasty puffs filled with espresso custard
Ric’s Home Made Limoncello
Espresso

Reserve Today


To find some great Apulian ingredients visit
http://ingredientsgourmet.com



New World Home Cooking Company
1411 Route 212
Saugerties, NY 12477
845-246-0900

No comments: